Patricio Duran, Ph.D.
Department of International Business
Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of South Carolina
BSc. in Business Administration and Commercial Engineer, University of Chile
International business, Institutions, Strategic management, Corporate governance, Family firms
Publications and Media Placements
Duran, P., Kammerlander, N., Van Essen, M., & Zellweger, T. (2016). Doing more with
less: Innovation input and output in family firms. Academy of Management Journal,
Berrone, P., Duran, P., Gómez-Mejía, L., Heugens, P. P., Kostova, T., & van Essen, M. (2020). Impact of informal institutions on the prevalence, strategy, and performance of family firms: A meta-analysis. Journal of International Business Studies, 1-25.
Chen, V. Z., Duran, P., Sauerwald, S., Hitt, M. A., & Van Essen, M. (2021). Multistakeholder Agency: Stakeholder Benefit Alignment and National Institutional Contexts. Journal of Management, 01492063211054403.
Tihanyi, L., Aguilera, R. V., Heugens, P., Van Essen, M., Sauerwald, S., Duran, P., & Turturea, R. (2019). State ownership and political connections. Journal of Management, 45(6), 2293-2321.
Duran, P., & Ortiz, M. (2020). When more is better: Multifamily firms and firm performance. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 44(4), 761-783.
Honors and Awards
- Diamond Publication Award, Chaifetz School of Business (2022)
- Executive Master of International Business Teacher of the Year Award, Chaifetz School of Business (2020, 2021)
- International Management Division D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University Best Dissertation Award, Academy of Management (2016)
- Organization and Management Theory Best International Paper Award, Academy of Management (2016)
- Best Ph. D. Research Proposal Award, International Family Enterprise Research Academy (2015)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Academy of Management
- Academy of International Business
Community Work and Service
- Editorial Board, Global Strategy Journal (2021 - Present)