The Faculty Research Page at CPHSJ
Our faculty are leaders in research that promotes the health and well-being of all communities
Research within the Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice is built on strong partnerships among practice, academic and community partners.
The College's research portfolio exceeds $10 million; faculty members work on projects that focus on prevention, understanding of social determinants of health and disease control.
Research in the news
"Just-in-time training not enough, says SLU" - published by ASPPH in the Friday Letter (Feb. 19, 2015)
"SLU receives grant to fund biopsies for uninsured" - published in ASPPH's Friday Letter (Feb. 27, 2015)
The mission of the Research Office is to promote a dynamic, innovative, and productive research community within the College for Public Health & Social Justice.
To accomplish this mission, the Research Office in collaboration with the College's Business Office is responsible for:
- Conducting research on potential funding sources and matching that information to faculty based on their research interests
- Collaborating with faculty in the development of ideas into grant proposals
- Supporting faculty with the preparation and submission of grant proposal packages
- Reviewing and approving grant proposal packages
- Ensuring pre-award compliance of University, federal, and agency submission guidelines
- Interacting with SLU's Office of Research and Development Services (ORDS), Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Office of Research Integrity, Institutional Review Board (IRB), and external funding institutions involved in pre-award grant activities
- Coordinating the College's Collaborative Research Innovative Speaker Presentations (CRISP) Series
|Mario Schootman, PhD (Faculty Page)
James R. Kimmey Endowed Chair in Public Health
Associate Dean for Research
Co-Director of the Doctoral Program in Public Health Studies
Director of Research Services
|Please contact Alexis Bruce-Staudt