- Undergraduate Education
Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
To be certified for graduation, a student is required to complete all course requirements and to meet all of the following conditions:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of undergraduate credit
- Completion of all requirements for the A & S Core Curriculum
- Completion of all requirements of at least one academic major
- Achieve cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above in major(s), minor(s), and related hours
(some majors/minors may have a different/higher GPA requirement)
- Completion of final 30 credit hours at Saint Louis University or an approved study
- Completion of the following percentages of credit hours at Saint Louis University or
an approved study abroad program
- At least 50% of a major
- At least 75% of a concentration
- At least 75% of a minor
- Registration for Senior Residency in all A & S majors being completed
To determine if you are on track to graduate:
- Verify all degrees, majors and minors are correctly listed on the student transcript/degree
- Ensure that all transfer and study abroad credits are posted to transcript/degree evaluation
in the semester prior to anticipated graduation.
- Register for Senior Residency in all A & S majors being completed.
- File an application to graduate before the end of the add/drop period of the semester in which
graduation is intended.
Averages for Graduation Latin Honors are computed only on the basis of coursework taken at
Saint Louis University. To be eligible for Graduation Latin Honors, transfer students must take
a minimum of 60 hours at Saint Louis University.
Summa Cum Laude 3.9 - 4.0
Magna Cum Laude 3.7 - 3.89
Cum Laude 3.5 - 3.69
Final determination of Graduation Latin Honors is made at the time of degree conferral.
GRADUATION/PRE-COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY PARTICIPATION
The Spring University Commencement Ceremony is held in May.
The College of Arts & Sciences holds a Spring Pre-Commencement Ceremony at which graduates
are individually recognized. The College Pre-Commencement Ceremony occurs on a day preceding the
University Commencement Ceremony.
We invite all students completing their degree requirements in the current Spring or previous
Fall/Summer term, as well as students who will be completing their degree requirements in the coming
A Mid-Year University Commencement Ceremony is held in December.
We invite all students completing their degree requirements in the current Fall or previous Summer
All graduating students should complete the graduation application and rsvp via
Academic attire is required at both the Commencement and Pre-Commencement Ceremonies.
A graduation fee (billed to the student account in the term of conferral) is assessed to all graduating
students, regardless of participation in Commencement activities.
Diplomas are not available at Commencement Ceremonies. Students will be notified by the
Registrar's Office once the diploma is available for pickup.
Diplomas list the degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science), primary major, and earned
Latin honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude).
Transcripts list degree, all majors and minors, and cumulative GPA (determined at the time of
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Final Exam Schedules -