- Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
To be certified for graduation, a student is required to complete all course requirements and to meet all of the following conditions:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of undergraduate credit
- Completion of all requirements for the College of Arts and Sciences Core Curriculum
- Completion of all requirements of at least one academic major
- Achieve cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above in major(s), minor(s), and related hours
(some majors/minors may have a different/higher GPA requirement)
- Completion of final 30 of 36 credit hours at Saint Louis University or an approved study-abroad program
- Completion of the following percentages of credit hours at Saint Louis University or
an approved study abroad program
- At least 50% of a major
- At least 75% of a concentration
- At least 75% of a minor
To determine if you are on track to graduate:
- Verify all degrees and majors/ minors/certificates are correctly listed on the student transcript/degree evaluation.
- Ensure that all transfer and study abroad credits are posted to transcript/degree evaluation
in the semester prior to anticipated graduation.
- Submit a Graduation Application prior to the end of the drop/add period of the semester in which graduation is intended. Failure to submit the Graduation Application by the deadline may result in delayed degree conferral, omission of name from graduation publications, etc. The online link to the application can be found in Banner Self-Service by clicking on the Student tab, then clicking on the Student Records link, and finally by clicking on the Apply to Graduate link.
Averages for Graduation Latin Honors are computed only on the basis of coursework taken at
Saint Louis University. To be eligible for Graduation Latin Honors, transfer students must take
a minimum of 60 hours at Saint Louis University.
Summa Cum Laude 3.9 - 4.0
Magna Cum Laude 3.7 - 3.89
Cum Laude 3.5 - 3.69
Final determination of Graduation Latin Honors is made at the time of degree conferral.
GRADUATION/PRE-COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY PARTICIPATION
The Spring University Commencement Ceremony is held in May.
The College of Arts & Sciences holds a Spring Pre-Commencement Ceremony at which graduates
are individually recognized. The College Pre-Commencement Ceremony occurs on a day preceding
the University Commencement Ceremony.
We invite all students completing their degree requirements in the current Spring or previous
Fall/Summer term, as well as students who will be completing their degree requirements in the
coming Summer term.
A Mid-Year University Commencement Ceremony is held in December.
We invite all students completing their degree requirements in the current Fall or previous
All graduating students must complete the Graduation Application.
Academic attire is required at both the Commencement and Pre-Commencement Ceremonies.
A graduation fee (billed to the student account in the term of conferral) is assessed to all graduating
students, regardless of participation in Commencement activities.
Diplomas are not available at Commencement Ceremonies. Students will be notified by the
Registrar's Office once the diploma is available for pickup.
Diplomas list the degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science), primary major, and earned
Latin honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude).
Transcripts list degree, all majors and minors, and cumulative GPA (determined at the time of
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Final Exam Schedules -
Updated August 2016