- Undergraduate Programs
- Admissions Requirements & Procedures
- Continuation Standards
- What Can You Do With a Chemistry Major?
- Highlights of SLU Chemistry Degree Programs
- Degree Programs
- Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Lab Assistantships
- Integrated Advising and Mentoring
- Procedures for Taking Summer Classes Away from SLU
- Graduate School Placement
- Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Opportunities
The Department of Chemistry has an American Chemical Society (ACS) Student Affiliates Chapter. Many of the activities undertaken by the students in the chapter are expressed through the Chemistry Club.
Participation in Chemistry Club activities is open to all Chemistry majors. The purpose of this student organization is to bring students together to engage in fun and professional activities including: giving chemical demonstrations during National Chemistry Week at the St. Louis Science Center, participating in local science fairs as judges, visiting local chemical industries, various fundraising activities, and sponsoring of student research presentations at conferences. The club also holds an annual picnic that is attended by faculty and students.
Visit the Chemistry Club web pages for additional information.