National Science Foundation
- Unless other restrictions apply, the ORDS strongly encourages submittal to NSF via Fastlane, for a streamlined application process. To sign up for a Fastlane account, please call ORDS at (314) 977-7742.
3._ Identify your departmental support, and your ORDS representative
- Contact Program Officers for more details. In many cases, a Program Officer will let you know if there are similar programs with similar funding opportunities.
- Confirm that you've found the latest version of your funding opportunity announcement (FOA). Note all deadlines and confirm your eligibility for the program. Any application requirements or review criteria unique to your program or solicitation will be published in the FOA.
- Review the ORDS NSF Proposal Checklist before you begin your application to familiarize yourself with required components of your proposal.
- Sign up to be notified of emerging updates.
- Bookmark the Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide ("PAPP"). This guide contains two parts: Part I is the Grant Proposal Guide, which provides guidance on the content and format requirements for your proposal. Part II is the Award and Administration Guide, which details the award process and defines grantee responsibilities for award.
- Contact your Grants Officer to discuss your research/project concept.
- Identify potential collaborators. Cross-disciplinary collaborations are the trend and may strengthen your application.
- Plan your Proposal Prep Schedule.