- Staff Resources
- Human Resources
- Personal Development
- Professional Development Resources
- Student Development Professional Development
- Student Affairs Professional Organizations
- Student Development Staff Events
- Student Development Staff Orientation Guide (pdf)
- Other Links
Staff Professional Development
Student Development staff are expected to engage in their work in a manner which requires them to remain current in the field of student affairs broadly, as well as within their specific functional area/s of specialization. To support a continual pursuit of professional knowledge and skill building, the Division of Student Development encourages staff to:
• Present at national, regional and/or local conferences;
• Write for professional publication;
• Provide service to professional associations; and
• Participate in regularly provided professional development opportunities.
The Division of Student Development offers an annual Professional Development Series, which is intentionally aligned with the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs Practitioners
In addition to these professional competency areas of concentration, professional development workshops offer opportunities to further explore the area of University Mission and its foundational relation to the work of Student Affairs.
*Staff can access the Student Development Professional Development Resources Google site for additional information.