Dave Gutekunst, M.S., Ph.D.
Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Mayo Clinic
- Ph.D. in Movement Science, Washington University - St. Louis
- Master of Science in Health & Exercise Science, Wake Forest University
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Washington University - St. Louis
- My previous research and publications have focused on (1) the biomechanics of knee osteoarthritis; (2) load carriage biomechanics in military personnel; (3) plantar off-loading, bone strength, and foot deformities in people with diabetes; and (4) musculoskeletal modeling. Current research focuses on merging gait biomechanics and biomedical imaging to assess bone loading in vivo. The long-term goal of this research is to identify injury mechanisms to guide prevention and rehabilitation programs.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Society of Biomechanics
- International Society of Biomechanics
- Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society
- International Foot & Ankle Biomechanics Society