Graduate ready to be innovative in your own classroom and equipped to work with diverse groups of students. In pursuing a teaching degree at Saint Louis University's School of Education, you will be prepared to enter an ever-changing field with a firm understanding of educational technology and assessment measures.
SLU's B.A. in Education offers seven concentrations, allowing you to tailor your education to the future teaching option that interests you most.
Explore Your Options: Seven Education Concentrations
- Early Childhood (birth - third grade)
- Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education (birth - third grade)
- Elementary Education and Special Education Mild-Moderate (first - sixth grades and special education kindergarten - 12th grade)
- Elementary Education (first - sixth grades)
- Secondary English (beginning fall 2020)
- Secondary Math (beginning fall 2020)
- Secondary Social Science (beginning fall 2020)
Three Education Minors
Why Choose SLU for Your Education Degree?
No matter which program you choose, you can:
- Connect with a mentor. Our education students are closely mentored throughout their program within a supportive environment.
- Get real-life experience in classrooms starting your first year. Participate in a variety of elementary and secondary classroom experiences as early as your first year and through the duration of your program.
- Experience small class sizes. Classes in the School of Education allow you to establish strong connections with both faculty and other students.
Be Prepared for the Future
As part of a professional learning community, teacher candidates at Saint Louis University develop into skilled teacher leaders who are ready to teach in a classroom following graduation from the School of Education. Emphasis is placed on innovative teaching methodologies, collaboration and working with diverse groups of students.
SLU's urban location also gives you the opportunity to work with diverse populations, preparing you to work in whatever classroom environment comes next.