- Campus Operations
- Buildings & Grounds
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Batteries and Light Bulbs
- Electronics Recycling
- Ink and Toner Cartridges
- Single-Stream Recycling
- Benchmarking Initiatives
Batteries & Light Bulbs
Saint Louis University does not collect used batteries and light bulbs. However, resources are available to recycle these items.
The City of St. Louis has identified multiple locations around the city for recycling batteries and light bulbs.
- Click here for information about battery recycling.
Fast Facts on Batteries and Light Bulbs
- Incandescents are only 10% efficient. This means that only 10% of the energy is used for lighting. The other 90% is lost as heat.
- CFL bulbs use roughly 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs, and last up to 10 times longer. Calculate your savings here.
- LEDs contain no mercury and have a much smaller environmental impact than incandescent bulbs.