Saint Louis University is currently undergoing a campus-wide utility infrastructure project. The table below will be updated as new information is available to keep campus users aware of affected areas and project status.
- Work is commencing north of the substation (directly east of Marchetti East) by the facilities ramp.
- Work is starting to cross Laclede Avenue where sidewalks and traffic will be impacted. Crews could be working both days and nights.
- Substation work will continue and pick up more heavily in the fenced area south of Marchetti.
North of Substation Limits
- Hydro-excavation will continue through the phase I duct bank followed by mechanical
excavation of this area. Limits will be kept within the grass area, and within fenced off
- Installation of conduit will follow excavations, as room allows, as well as concrete/backfill
- The southern sidewalk will be removed during this time to allow for the duct bank
install. Signs will
be placed east and west of this sidewalk to notify closure.
- Hydro-excavate north of Laclede along Theresa: The truck will sit along western curb
allow traffic to remain flowing through Theresa.
- Installation of duct bank along west half of Theresa: The current plan is to barricade
of this run off and work with in the fenced area.
- Excavate Ameren duct bank towards Vista Switch
- Install E/W duct bank along Laclede to Vista Switch, potential shift work to complete
scope to not impact Theresa.
Substation Limits and Surrounding Areas
- Site fencing will remain in place around the substation limits. Traffic will be monitored
and signage will be placed to control the shared contractor/student path.
- Hydro-excavate the remainder of the Ameren duct bank to the north, continue
excavating/installing Ameren conduits. Work will take place within fenced areas.
- Areas in green will be parking for students.
- The area in yellow is a shared route that both construction and students will be utilizing. With that said, we will place proper signage to create a four-way stop at this intersection to make crossing traffic stop to allow students to cross as well as incoming traffic. This will have to be a monitored area during heavy hauling days.
- The area in red is a zone where trucks will be getting off Laclede and can be used to stage in lieu of staging on Laclede. This area will be fenced off and only construction access will be entering and the gate will be locked at end of our work day to not allow people to enter the lot without proper parking passes. Another item to note within this area is that we will be performing continued duct bank installs, hence it will be necessary to fully fence the area off.
- Installation of temporary lighting for both North Marchetti and Grand Forest lots.
- Installation of granular for the new lots. Will include moving of materials on site as well as delivery of granular fill materials through the construction gate.
- Installation of parking bumpers at both lots.
- Begin demolition within the substation limits.
- Sawcut and remove paving/concrete at Grand Forest pool area and North Marchetti lots.
Work will begin 12/24. Heavier truck traffic will occur during this week to remove debris. Trucks will use the temporary construction gate entrance.
- Site grading of the new North Marchetti lot and Grand Forest lots. Includes heavy equipment moving materials and hauling materials into the site via construction gate entrance.
- Installation of electrical conduits north of the substation. Will include excavation via equipment and hauling or locating excess materials.
- Temporary site fencing will be placed around the two new lots. This includes temporary construction gate to be installed at the south drive and Laclede Avenue. This work will commence on 12/17 where it does not impact students.
- Equipment mobilization for demolition activities. Equipment deliveries will not begin until 12/19 after students have vacated areas.
- Grand Forest pool and pool house demolition will begin starting 12/19.
- Pavement removals and duct banks will begin from the north end of the substation limits and be installed headed north toward Laclede Avenue. Starting 12/19.
- Miscellaneous site removals in and around the future substation location begin 12/20.