Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
Graduate Programs Score in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
Saint Louis University programs have earned high honors in the new U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Rankings, including the No. 1 program in health law in the nation for the 11th year.
In the magazine's 2016 edition of "Best Graduate Schools," a total of 13 SLU programs were ranked in the top 100, including five top-25 programs. The College for Public Health and Social Justice, the School of Business, the School of Law and the School of Medicine all made gains this year.
>> Read more
- Abby Schwent,, a Ph.D. candidate in Educational Leadership, will defend her dissertation, "The Role of the School Principal in the Development and Implementation of a Strong Arts Program," on December 2, 2015 at 2:00 P.M. in Room 123 of Fitzgerald Hall.
- Annette Waznonis, a Ph.D. candidate in Nursing, will defend her dissertation, "A Multi-Site, Mixed Methods Examination of Simulation Debriefing Practices in Traditional Baccalaureate Nursing Programs," on December 3, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. in Room 541 of the School of Nursing.
- Ying Song, a Ph.D. candidate in Meteorology, will defend her dissertation, "Understanding Cloud Microphysics of the Two Typical Summer Weather Patterns in Southwestern Saudi Arabia," on December 3, 2015 at 3:30 P.M. in Room 206 of O'Neill Hall.
- Qiu Ren, a Ph.D. candidate in Integrated and Applied Sciences, will defend her dissertation, "Phylogenetics and Evolution in Select Groups of Cyprinid Fishes from Asia and Africa (Teleostei: Cypriniformes)," on December 7, 2015 at 9:30 A.M. in the Biology conference room, Room 142 of Macelwane Hall.
- Scott Wolla, a Ph.D. candidate in Curriculum and Instruction, will defend his dissertation, "Evaluating the Effectiveness of an Online Module and Its Impact on a Majority Minority and African American School Populations," on December 9, 2015 at 9:00 A.M. in Room 123 of Fitzgerald Hall.
- Andrew Chronister, a Ph.D. candidate in Historical Theology, will defend his dissertation, "Doctor Traditionum: Augustine's Appeals to Tradition in His Anti-Pelagian Polemic," on December 11, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. in Pere Marquette Gallery in DuBourg Hall.
- Dionne Grabowski, a Ph.D. candidate in Public Policy, will defend her dissertation, "Influence or Like-Mindedness: A Case Study of Lobbyists' Giving Patterns Applied to Senate Subcommittee Hearings," on December 11, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 144 of McGannon Hall.
- Choochart Wong-Anuchit, a Ph.D. candidate in Nursing, will defend his dissertation, "Mental Illness and Health Behavior Change," on December 17, 2015 at 9:00 A.M. in Room 541 of the School of Nursing.
- Athina Kyriakidou-Christofidou, a Ph.D. candidate in Curriculum and Instruction, will defend her dissertation, "Teaching Addition and Subtraction Operations with Schematic Place-Value Learning Aids and the Impact on Arithmetic Competency," on January 15, 2016 at 10:00 A. M. in Room 218 of Fitzgerald Hall.
As SLU's chief academic officer, Dr. Brickhouse will report directly to the president and will oversee most of the University's educational, research and enrollment efforts.
Also . . .
- Graduate Education Names Recipients of Morgan Book Fund Award
- Office of Graduate Education Announces 2015-16 Fellowship Recipients
- Philip and Sima K. Needleman Endowed Doctoral Fellowship For Biology Announced
- An Announcement about the Leadership of the School of Medicine and SLUCare
- Nursing Dean to Advise Congress, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Saint Louis University Names New Dean of College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Saint Louis University Appoints Nancy Brickhouse, Ph.D., as Provost
- College of Arts and Sciences Announces Next Dean
The school has a long history of preparing the students who go on to be teachers and administrators while continuing to advance their skills to meet the changing needs of the schools and students they will serve.
Also . . .
- Communication Sciences and Disorders Expands Program Space and Faculty
- School of Law Partners with Quincy University for 3+3 Program
- Partnerships Will Bring New International Students To SLU
- New Graduate Program to Train Health Care Data Scientists
- Inaugural Participants of Billiken Teacher Corps Kick Off the Program
- New Visit Center Opens in Queen's Daughters Hall
- SLU and SSM Celebrate Historic Agreement
- Center for Health Care Ethics Announces Joint Ph.D. Program
- 15 years at the forefront of biosecurity education
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)