Saint Louis University Graduate News, Announcements
|University News Links|
New Graduate Programs Rankings Released
Saint Louis University programs have earned high honors in the new U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Rankings, including the No. 1 program in health law in the nation for the 12th year.
In the magazine's 2017 edition of "Best Graduate Schools," seven SLU programs were listed in the top 25. More than 20 of Saint Louis University's graduate programs were ranked among the top 100 in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Daniel Choi, a Ph.D. candidate in Philosophy, will defend his dissertation, "Contriving a Defense for the Sake of the Individual Sufferer: Refuting Plantinga's Felix Culpa Argument" on June 27, 2016 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 142 of Adorjan Hall.
- Evan T. Schulze, a Ph.D. candidate in Clinical Psychology, will defend his dissertation, "Auditory and Visual Naming in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy: An Examination of Dysnomia at Baseline Neuropsychological Assessment and following Selective Amygdalohippocampectomy in Patients with Left and Right Temporal Lobe Epilepsy," on June 27, 2016 at 2:00 P.M. in Room 2603 of Morrissey Hall.
- Claudia Charles, a Ph.D. candidate in Medical Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, "An Exploration of the Lived Experiences of Divorced Individuals through the Lens of Adult Attachment Theory," on June 28, 2016 at 9:00 A.M. in Room 1123 of Morrissey Hall.
- Nicholas Zavediuk, a Ph.D. candidate in Philosophy, will defend his dissertation, "Epistemic Democracy and Republican Freedom," on June 29, 2016 at 10:00 A.M. in Room 142 of Adorjan Hall.
As SLU's chief academic officer, Dr. Brickhouse will report directly to the president and will oversee most of the University's educational, research and enrollment efforts.
Also . . .
- Dr. Norm White to lead community engagement efforts
- Michael Swartwout, Ph.D., Named Chair of Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering Department
- Sigma Xi SLU Chapter Announces Research Symposium Winners
- GSA Announces 2016 Recognition Award, Brennan Fellowship Award Recipients
- 2016 GSA Graduate Research Symposium Winners Announced
- Gary Bledsoe, Ph.D., Named New Chair of Biomedical Engineering Department
- Riyadh Hindi, Ph.D., Recognized as Structural Engineering Institute Fellow
- Burris Named Fellow of the Academy of Science
- J.D. Bowen, Ph.D., Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award
- Elizabeth Blake, Ph.D., Receives Fulbright-Hays Grant
- Nursing Faculty Member Recognized as Palliative Care Fellow
- Office of Graduate Education Announces Dissertation Fellowship Recipients
- Graduate Education Names Recipients of Morgan Book Fund Award
- Office of Graduate Education Announces 2015-16 Fellowship Recipients
- Philip and Sima K. Needleman Endowed Doctoral Fellowship For Biology Announced
- An Announcement about the Leadership of the School of Medicine and SLUCare
- Nursing Dean to Advise Congress, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Saint Louis University Names New Dean of College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Saint Louis University Appoints Nancy Brickhouse, Ph.D., as Provost
- College of Arts and Sciences Announces Next Dean
The school has a long history of preparing the students who go on to be teachers and administrators while continuing to advance their skills to meet the changing needs of the schools and students they will serve.
Also . . .
- SLU Biologist Awarded $368,000 in Research Grants
- Bioinformatics, Computational Biology Program Receives $649,681 NSF Grant
- Parks College, School of Medicine Collaborate in First-of-Its-Kind Project
- Center for Sustainability Students Design Affordable Technology for Farmers
- Registration Open for 2016 College for Public Health and Social Justice Summer Institute
- Graduate Students Invited to Apply for Brennan Summer Fellowship Awards
- Submit Abstracts for SLU Sigma Xi Research Symposium
- English Department Achieves Success Gaining External Funding to Support Academic Research
- New Master of Public Health program brings biosecurity and disaster curriculum completely online
- Communication Sciences and Disorders Expands Program Space and Faculty
- School of Law Partners with Quincy University for 3+3 Program
- Partnerships Will Bring New International Students To SLU
- New Graduate Program to Train Health Care Data Scientists
- Inaugural Participants of Billiken Teacher Corps Kick Off the Program
- New Visit Center Opens in Queen's Daughters Hall
- SLU and SSM Celebrate Historic Agreement
- Center for Health Care Ethics Announces Joint Ph.D. Program
- 15 years at the forefront of biosecurity education
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)