University Inaugurates First Lay President in its Nearly 200-Year History
It was a historic day for Saint Louis University on Oct. 3, as nearly 2,500 people came together in Chaifetz Arena to celebrate the inauguration of SLU's new president Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D.
A Roman Catholic and Jesuit educated, Pestello is the first permanent lay leader in the University's history — a fact that was not lost on many of the speakers at Friday's event.
>> Read more
• Dr. Fred P. Pestello Named President of Saint Louis University
• A letter from President-elect Pestello
• Thank you, Father Biondi
• Sept. 30, 2013: Presidential Search Update
• Oct. 1, 2013: Letter from Presidential Search Chair
• Saint Louis University Calendar of Events | Newslink | Announcements
Dissertation DefensesThe schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Katie Lynn Davis, a Ph. D. candidate in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, will defend her dissertation, "Functional Properties of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Neurovirulence Factor ICP34.5" on August 28, 2015 at 2:00 P.M. in the 9th floor conference room of Doisy Research Center.
- Agnes Jos, a Ph. D. candidate in Medical Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, “The Role of Family in Co-Occurring Disorders: An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis,” on August 27, 2015 at 2:30 P.M. in Room 1123 of Morrissey Hall.
- Marie Philipneri, a Ph.D. candidate in Public Health Studies-Health Management and Policy, will defend her dissertation, "Novel Approaches to Understanding Pre-Transplant Medications Use and Post-Transplant Health Outcomes in Renal Transplant Recipients," on September 3, 2015 at 2:00 P.M. in the Glass Conference Room on the fourth floor of Salus Center.
The Saint Louis University Board of Trustees has elected Board member Joseph ("Joe") Conran to be its next chairman, effective at the December Board meeting. At that time, current Chairman Joe Adorjan will become Chairman Emeritus and will remain on the Board. Patrick Sly will continue to serve as Vice Chairman of the Board.
Also . . .
The Doisy College of Health Sciences is proud to announce the Department of Physical and Athletic Training was awarded a bid by the World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy (WFATT) to host its World Congress on the Saint Louis University campus on June 20-22, 2015.
Also . . .
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)
"The financial burden of graduate education" (Second in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)
"Successful job hunt means returning to basics " (Third, and final, in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)