Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences (SLUCOR) | Master of Science
|Contact the Center for Health Outcomes Research|
|Executive Director: Thomas Burroughs, Ph.D
Program Director: Divya Subramaniam, Ph.D
Main Phone: (314) 977-9300
The mission of the Saint Louis University Center for Health Outcomes Research (SLUCOR) is to be a national resource that informs health care and policy decisions with scientific information about quality and effectiveness.
Please review the information below for instructions on how to apply to the Master of Science in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences program.
|Beginning Term||Application Deadline||Application Deadline (International)||Apply Online|
(Advantages of the web application)
|Summer||No admittance||No admittance|
Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a social science, biomedical science, or related discipline
- Professional statement
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts from most recent degree(s)
- Completed online application
- Receipt of the $55 application fee
Required Additional Application Materials for International Students
- A completed Declaration of Financial Support packet with all accompanying documents
- TOEFL or IELTS or PTE Academic score
- Check our English Proficiency Policy page for specific TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic score requirements. You may also visit our international prospects, applicants and students page for more information about international application requirements.
For reference, a successful candidate would likely have a GPA of 3.0 or better and place in the 75th or higher percentile on graduate standardized tests (GRE, GMAT, or LSAT)
The admissions committee reviews TOEFL scores for all international applicants.
The Masters of Science in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences program is an entirely online program created in response to the current healthcare climate and need for researchers trained in the areas of health outcomes research, health services research, and program evaluation to meet the changing needs of our healthcare system. The primary goal of the program is to enhance the regional and national workforce with analytical capabilities and expertise necessary to conduct health outcomes research.
Curriculum | Description
Upon completion of the MS in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences curriculum, students will be able to:
- Design, analyze and report results coming from clinical interventions, comparative effectiveness studies, clinical trials, observational studies and economic assessments;
- Design and conduct systematic evaluations of health improvement programs;
- Manage medical research projects from design through dissemination; and
- Incorporate interdisciplinary methods to specific fields of study.
Credit Hours (36) | Description of Requirements
Career Possibilities | Career Services
About the Master of SLUCOR Faculty
SLUCOR's faculty members are nationally recognized for their scholarly research, teaching expertise, leadership and student mentorship. Faculty members come from a wide range of disciplines that brings multiple perspectives and knowledge to both research and teaching. All faculty members are actively involved in both research and teaching. The majority also serve as consultants to non-profit and for-profit organizations and corporations. This combination of academic expertise and real-world experience strengthens the relevance of our research. It also enables faculty to integrate theory, research and practice into the classroom to ensure that students receive an education they can use in their daily lives.
SLUCOR offers graduate certificate, masters and doctoral degrees in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences. For more information, please contact Dr. Divya Subramaniam at firstname.lastname@example.org.