Full-Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty
- Criminal Background Check: All new full-time faculty, adjunct and post-doctoral fellows, and those who have had a break in service at the University greater than eighteen (18) months, are required to complete the criminal background screening prior to beginning work.
The personal e-mail address provided on the Faculty Information Form will be used to send an e-mail providing a link to a secure questionaire. Complete the questionaire in its entirety and click submit. Once you have clicked submit, you have completed the requirements.
International faculty and post-doctoral fellows please contact your department for instruction.
Please contact your department with any questions.
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9): Please complete the online I-9 requirements no earlier than 60 days prior to the first day of work and no later than the first day of work. Go to I9eXpress to complete the employee section of the Form I-9. The Saint Louis University employer number is 10065.Please note, the I-9 process IS NOT COMPLETE until you present the indicated forms of Section 2 (provided during the online I-9 process) of identification to the Human Resources offices in the Wool Center at 3545 Lindell Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63103. Employees may not begin work until this process has been completed. You will be provided with a confirmation receipt from Human Resources upon successful completion of section 2.
- Employment Health Requirement: Health Sciences Center faculty members working in clinical or laboratory areas are required to complete a pre-employment health screening BEFORE the first day of employment. New faculty members can contact Employee Health at 314-268-5499, ext. 0 (zero) to make an appointment. It is best to call and arrange the appointment immediately after accepting your position. Frost Campus faculty members may not be required to complete a health screening.
- Federal and State Tax Withholding Forms: All new employees are automatically setup with the highest tax withholding of single with zero allowances. Once a completed tax form is provided to payroll, the original setup will be updated with the employee requested withholdings.
- Direct Deposit Enrollment: New employees should log into Banner Self Service and setup their initial direct deposit allocations. This self-service product is the employees’ primary portal to all pertinent information regarding payroll and benefit enrollment. It is also the portal where employees can find their check stubs, total compensation statements, and W-2 forms.
- University ID Badge and Parking: Obtain parking and ID badge from Parking and Card Services, 221 N. Grand, DuBourg Hall, Room 33 (1st Floor), St. Louis, MO 63103 or at 1310 South Grand, Macdonald Building. Please note, you must have your employee ID number (Banner ID) prior to reporting to Parking and Card Services.
- Faculty Benefits Orientation: All new full-time faculty are required to attend a Benefits Orientation, offered by Human Resources, prior to enrolling in employee benefits. Benefit Orientations are held on Mondays at 10:20am in the HR Training Room at 3545 Lindell Boulevard. Orientation may be held on a Tuesday following a holiday Monday.
- New Faculty Orientation: All new full-time faculty are required to attend the University's New Faculty Orientation held in mid-August. The dates of orientation will be listed on the appointment letter from the Provost. A half-day orientation will be offered in February for faculty hired mid-year.
New Adjunct Orientation is not mandatory, however, highly recommended. It is typically held one evening the week prior to the beginning of classes in the Fall, and late January for Spring hires. Information will be emailed closer to the date.