- Performance & Pay
How to Request a New Position
- Complete the New Position Request Form.
- Contact your budget administrator for approval process. Medical Center departments forward to Med Center finance office.
- When form is approved, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For job classification inquiries, contact compensation office, 977-2680. For budget and funding inquiries, contact financial planning and budgeting, 977-3938.
Helpful Hints For Position Titles
- For official staff titles, please refer to the Job Title Database. The database also indicates which positions are eligible for express classification.
- If the job title you would like to request can be express classified, you must have one employee with that job title already in your department. If you do not have one, you must get the position classified through the compensation office.
- If you do not know the title of the position you would like to request, is there someone in your department in a similar job? If so, e-mail compensation at email@example.com to get help with the correct title.
Please use one of the following titles for faculty (Professor, Assistant Professor, etc). Please do not use the following titles, as they are no longer in use.
- FT 12 Mo Faculty
- FT 9/11 Mo Faculty
- PT Faculty - Summer
- PT Faculty
- PT 12 Mo Faculty
For further questions about faculty titles, please contact 977-7184.