How to Request a New Position Number

New position number requests are required for:

  • Faculty positions
  • Part Time Support Staff
  • Student Worker and Federal Work Study Student Worker
  • Graduate Assistants
  • PRN

New position numbers for staff positions will automatically be assigned through the People Admin Position Management Module.

Departments will need to request new position numbers for all faculty, PT Support Staff, student worker, graduate assistant and PRN positions. The process to request a position number for these positions is:

  1. Complete the New Position Number Request Form 
  2. In the form, please identify the attributes of the position including but not limited to title, time keeping and funding information
  3. Contact your budget administrator for approval process. Medical Center departments forward to Med Center finance office
  4. When form is approved, please send to

For new position number inquiries, contact the compensation team at

For budget and funding inquiries, contact financial planning and budgeting, 977-3938.

If you are unsure about which type of position number your department needs, have questions about the process, or need further information, please contact the Compensation team.