All international applicants are required to demonstrate their English proficiency, which can be done by submitting any one of the following:
- 550 on the paper-based TOEFL (PBT)
- 80 on the internet-based TOEFL (IBT)
- 6.5 on the IELTS
- 54 on the PTE
- 600 on the Critical reading portion of the SAT
- 25 on the English portion of the ACT
- successful completion of a college-level English class at a U.S. college or university (not an ESL class)
If you do not meet the English proficiency requirements, please go to our Academic English (English as a Second Language) and Pathway Program for conditional admission as an international student.
- Exceptions may be made on an individual basis.
- Saint Louis University reserves the right to require additional testing of any incoming student’s English skills.
- Saint Louis University’s ETS code for TOEFL and SAT scores is 6629. Saint Louis University’s ACT code is 2352.
- TOEFL and IELTs scores are considered valid for two years.
- If it is determined that additional English studies are necessary, you may be required to take the appropriate Academic English courses prior to, or concurrent with, enrolling in the University's academic programs. Graduate student requirements are determined by their program.
Register now to schedule your test: TOEFL | IELTs | PTE