- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
The Advanced Technology Group works in conjunction with the Research Technology Group at SLU to support REDCap and other research technologies. Together the groups provide high- performance computing resources for the SLU community.
What exactly is high-performance computing?
High-performance computing (HPC) is using computer clusters to solve advanced computing problems. The problems include analysis of large data sets, and complex computational problems.
What is REDCap?
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data, it is specifically geared to support data capture for research studies.
What services does the Advanced Technology Group offer the SLU Community?
We offer a variety of services that include:
- Creation of accounts on the high performance computing cluster
- Installation of software on the high performance computing cluster, and hardware advice for high performance computing applications
- Consultation on, and hardware advice for high performance computing applications
We have 2 high performance computing clusters:
What are the requirements for an account on the HPC, and how do I get one?
You must currently be a member of the Saint Louis University faculty. Or, you must be working with a faculty member on a research project. If this is the case, the faculty member will have to make the request on your behalf. The link for the account request form is listed below.
Is there a cost associated with using the HPC?
Currently, there is no cost unless you would like dedicated nodes.
Who do I contact if I would like more information?