- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Departmental Hardware Purchases
- Departmental Software Purchases
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- Wireless Networks at SLU
- Billiken Secure Connect (VPN)
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
- Office 365
- Research Technology
Wireless Networks at SLU
SLU has three wireless networks specifically designed for authenticated faculty, staff, and students on campus, members of the eduroam consortium, and guests to campus:
- SLU-users - a secure wireless network for all faculty, staff, and students with a valid SLU Net ID and password
- eduroam - a secure wireless network that enables members of the eduroam consortium to access wireless at SLU using account information from their home institution
- sluguest - an unencrypted wireless network designed to support authorized guests of the University and older devices
SLU-users is the secure wireless network of choice for all users with a valid SLU Net ID and password. The network provides access to secure computing resources, printing, and services. Use this network for all official University business when you are on campus.
Most mobile devices with WiFi will work on this network. Windows 7, 8, and 10; Mac OS 10.4 and greater; and recent versions of Linux/Unix should also work on this network. Devices must be 802.1X-capable to work on SLU-users. For more information, please see the Technical Overview.
Connecting to SLU-users
- On your device's list of available networks, select "SLU-users"
- If prompted, install the security certificate
- When prompted, enter your SLU Net ID and password
Note that exact instructions for connecting to SLU-users may differ slightly from device to device depending on the operating system. Contact the ITS Customer Service Desk at 314-977-4000 if you are unable to complete the process.
Looking for printable or more detailed instructions? Click here
The eduroam network is a service especially useful to those who visit and collaborate with other institutions in the eduroam consortium. The eduroam network enables members of the eduroam consortium to access wireless at SLU using account information from their home institution, and members of the SLU community can access wireless at other eduroam institutions using their SLU Net ID and password.
Eduroam maintains a list of who is currently part of this consortium, which you may find useful in travel planning. We anticipate that use of this service at other colleges and universities will continue to grow.
Like the SLU-users network, only 802.1X-capable devices will be able to connect to eduroam.
Connecting to eduroam
- If your device is already connected to a wireless network, such as sluguest, simply go to cat.eduroam.org and follow the instructions to configure your device for the secure eduroam network.
- You can also select "eduroam" from the list of available networks on your device.
- Visit the eduroam.org site for additional information.
- When prompted for your credentials, be sure to enter your full SLU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
The sluguest network is an unencrypted wireless network designed to support authorized guests of the University, and faculty/staff/student-owned legacy wireless devices that do not support 802.1X connections. Note that all guest connections must agree to the University’s acceptable use policy.
Connecting to sluguest
- Select "sluguest" from the list of available wireless networks on your mobile device
- You will be directed to: https://expressconnect.slu.edu/enroll/SaintLouisUniversity/guestwireless
- Sometimes individual device settings and pop-up blockers may prevent the device from launching expressconnect.slu.edu
- In such cases, open the device's Internet browser manually and enter the URL from above to navigate directly to the page.
- If you are unable to connect to sluguest, please contact the ITS Customer Service Desk at 314-977-4000.
- Register with the network by logging in with Facebook, LinkedIn or Google or using a code, which can be sent to your personal email address or texted to your phone
Click here for detailed instructions and related screenshots. Customers on the sluguest network must follow these steps on each of their mobile devices that will be using the network on campus.
Have a suggestion or a comment about wireless?
- Click here and let us know your feedback