- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Departmental Hardware Purchases
- Departmental Software Purchases
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
- Research Technology Group
- About RTG
- RTG Team
- Systems and Applications
- Secure Research Environment and FISMA
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data, it is specifically geared to support data capture for research studies.
What is REDCap?
Find a detailed introduction on REDCap’s website: http://project-redcap.org/.
Current REDCap account holders can access the system at:
- Log in at https://redcap.slu.edu
- Your username is the same as your SLU Net ID
How do I get a REDCap account?
- To receive a REDCap account, go to redcap.slu.edu in a web browser and enter your SLU Net ID and password.
- On the next page, enter your first and last name, and your SLU email address
- Submit this information to receive an email verification in your SLU email from REDCap@slu.edu
- Follow the instructions in the email to complete the process of setting up a new account
- Now you can access REDCap!
You must request the ability to create new projects. To do so, email REDCap@slu.edu with your name and SLU Net ID.
How do I get an account for an external collaborator?
To request an account for an external research collaborator, the following tasks need to be completed by the SLU sponsor:
- A SLU guest account request will need to be completed. Please note the type of account you will need to request is Z-06 visiting researcher. The SLU guest account request is below: Guest Account Request
- After the SLU guest account request is processed and approved, send the external research collaborator's name and SLU Net ID to REDCap@slu.edu.
How can I receive REDCap training?
There are several short and concise videos located REDCap Video Resource Page. These are excellent videos explaining how to use REDCap, as well as the different types of projects available to use. We will be happy to meet with you, if you require any assistance.
Contact REDCap@slu.edu with any questions or issues.
Occasionally, updates will need to be applied to the system. The standard planned maintenance window for REDCap will be from 9 - 11 a.m. CDT on the second Wednesday of every month. What this means is that if system maintenance is required, any downtime would be scheduled during this time. These times were selected based on system usage reporting to identify lower-usage periods. The maintenance schedule will then be communicated to current account holders through email.
To learn how to get started on a project, please visit the REDCap FAQs.