- Student Tech Services
IT Intern Program
The IT Intern Program is an opportunity for students at Saint Louis University to gain invaluable experience in the field of information technology. Students accepted in the program will be challenged to learn new skills and develop a professional portfolio. The program employs students as paid staff members on a part-time basis and requires students to perform in a professional manner.
Highlights of the ITS Intern Program:
- 12 - 15 hour work commitment during the semester
- Employment in various intern positions across campus in support of the University
- Learn to appropriately balance work and scholastic achievement
- Paid training and experience in real world technical and support environments
ITS Intern Vision Statement
The ITS Intern Program will provide the ability to stretch expectations, aspirations, and accomplishment of ITS Interns and the University Community, by providing highly practical training and experiences to increase individual members' expertise and potential in Information Technology Services fields. This capacity uses all information, technologies, and resources to ensure SLU's position as the finest Catholic university in the nation.
The ITS Intern Program embraces the Five Dimensions of the Student Experience:
- Scholarship and Knowledge
- Intellectual Inquiry and Communication
- Community Building
- Leadership and Service
- Spirituality and Values
Increasing Intern Effectiveness: Ways to enhance student experience
- Encouraging interns to have an active voice in departmental processes
- Clear expectations: Interns with well-defined, clear tasks and responsibilities will perform better
- Mentoring: Interns with supervisors prepared to act as a mentor will have greater experiences and have opportunity to learn more.
- Reflection: Interns who are asked to reflect on their experience and associate it with their academic work will be able to enhance their learning