The Law Library has many resources to assist you with your work as a faculty fellow.
Reference librarians can provide valuable help with your sources. Before requesting material through interlibrary loan, please stop by and see them to find out if you are missing any important information in your citations.
Remember, never request items for your faculty member on your personal account.
Requesting Material for Faculty
- Have your faculty member complete the Faculty Authorization Form so you may check out material on their account.
- Never check out items for your faculty member on your account. You are responsible for all items on your own account and will be billed accordingly for lost or damaged items.
- If you need to request items for your faculty member from a SLU, MOBIUS or Prospector library, consult with their library liaison or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to find the item you want after searching our catalogs, you may place an ILLiad request. These take longer, so request them early.
Creating your ILLiad account:
- Click on the First Time Users button of the ILLiad Login page.
- Your first name should be the last name of your faculty member
- Your last name should be your last name
- Your username should be your last name and the last name of your faculty member, e.g. NolandGoldstein
- Choose "Research Assistant" as your Status
- Choose "Law Student" as your Department
- Include all the information you can find including publisher and copyright year.
- Use the Notes field to put in any extra information including the reference librarian whom you consulted. This field has 4,000+ characters - write away!
Be sure to include all the information you have including volume, issue, date, year,
and page numbers. If you need assistance with any of these, see a Reference Librarian.
Use the Notes field to put in any extra information - even the Reference Librarian you used. This field has 4,000+ characters - write away! Use this request form for journal articles, book chapters and statutes.
- Book chapters
- Article title field - put the chapter title/number here
- Journal title field - put the name of the statute or code here
- Article title - put in the title of the section here
- Year or "Current"
- Pages - section number
- Copy and paste the citation scheme and include if title page, TOC and copyright page
and pocket parts are needed; if not there, a duplicate request will not be accepted.
- Citation scheme:
- 35 ILL.Comp. Stat. Ann.200/21-75(West 2008)
- West's Smith-Hurd Illinois Compiled Statutes Annotated
- Chapter 35. Revenue (Refs & Annos)
- Property Taxes
- Act 200. Property Tax Code (Refs & Annos)
- Title 7. Tax Collection
- Article 21. Due Dates, Delinquencies, and Enforcement of Payments (Refs & Annos)
- Division 2. Enforcement Actions
- Citation scheme:
- Copy and paste the citation scheme and include if title page, TOC and copyright page and pocket parts are needed; if not there, a duplicate request will not be accepted.
Once your book or article has arrived and is ready for retrieval at the Circulation Desk or via your ILLiad account, you will receive an email notification.