We want to ensure our Billikens are keeping a healthy mind, body and spirit whether they are on campus or at home.
Stay connected with friends and family during this time! Daily Facetime or Zoom calls can help us keep in touch. Here are some other ideas for staying engaged with friends:
- Trivia Nights with the Student Involvement Center (@SLUinvolvement) and Billikens After Dark (@billikensafterdark)
- Play SLU Intramural eSports
- Netflix Party
- Nutrition tracking and water consumption apps are great to have to keep track of everything you consume. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Cooking at home? Check out these websites for some ideas:
- Billiken Bounty Food Pantry - for access while in-person classes are suspended, please contact the Department of Public Safety (24/7, 314-977-3000). DPS will let you into the space so you are able to take what you need. All that is required to access Billiken Bounty is a SLU photo ID.
- University Counseling Center - 314-977-TALK
- Suicide Prevention - Interested in helping your fellow Billikens? Ask.Listen.Refer.
- Recommended apps for stress, anxiety and recharging:
- Positive Affirmations - Daily affirmations help rewire the brain, build self esteem, and change negative thought patterns. Write them down on a sticky note and stick that somewhere you will see and read everyday. Do one once a day, for a week and see what you can create!
- Use positive mantras to decrease stress and improve performance on challenging tasks. Statements like “I am enough,” or “Beauty is all around me.”
- Recommended articles and websites for self-care and coping:
- Saint Louis University's Campus Ministry has gathered resources to help you practice your faith during this time.
- Saint Louis University's Office of Mission and Identity is hosting Masses and prayer sessions on their Facebook page.
- CampusWell is an online health, wellness and academic success publication for students and their parents. It is published on more than 200 campuses across the country and presents engaging, interactive content.
- Substance Use - List of Virtual Recovery Resources
- Title IX resources and support remain available to students during the public health crisis.