SLU applicants with disabilities are granted equal consideration and are not required to identify their disabilities during the application process. To be admitted to SLU, all students, with or without disabilities, must meet the same minimum qualifications for admission.
Admitted students have the opportunity to meet with Disability Services staff during SLU 101 summer orientation or at the beginning of fall semester. Accommodations must be renewed on an annual basis, however new documentation is not required. Medical documentation is valid for five years from issue date.
Schedule an appointment with Disability Services
- Log onto your mySLU, then select the “Tools” tab.
- Select “EAB Navigate.”
- Once in EAB, select “Make an Appointment, “Student Services,” then “Disability Services.”
- Once you schedule the appointment, the staff member will send you a Zoom Invite to join on the date and time you selected.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment in EAB Navigate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First and last name
- Banner ID
- Purpose of meeting
- Provide three (3) different options for available times you can meet with a staff member
- We will then send you a Zoom Invite for the date and time that works within our staff’s schedules.
To make the most informed decisions about your academic accommodations, our office requests medical documentation which meets the following criteria:
- Information must be typed on physician/diagnostician letterhead and signed by a qualified professional.
- A statement of diagnosis
- Function, impact or symptoms associated with diagnosis which help to inform our office of which accommodations may be reasonable and appropriate
- Severity and/or expected progression
- Current medications and any related side-effects
- Current and/or past accommodations
- Any recommended accommodations
To provide the most appropriate accommodations, we ask that documentation be as current as possible. Documentation is considered valid for up to five years after it is issued by your physician. These documents are not needed at the time of the appointment but are required to approve and implement accommodations.
Additionally, students must complete an Application for Accommodations.
Should Parents/Guardians be Present in the Meeting?
Parents and guardians are welcome if the student is agreeable to that, though it is not necessary that they attend. It is most imperative that the student be in the meeting and lead the meeting, since it is the student’s academic experience that will be discussed in the meeting. Accommodations cannot be approved if the student is not present.
Can you meet the same accommodations I had in high school?
We will review all accommodations provided in high school. Depending on the case, we may be able to match the accommodations. This is determined by the information provided by the student.
Students with ADD/ADHD
If you have been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder or attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, SLU has dedicated resources designed to help you succeed. Our student success coaches can help you:
- Identify campus resources to prepare you for academic and personal success at SLU
- Develop the personal skills to better organize your time and complete tasks
Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to visit or contact us to receive information regarding services available, procedures, documentation and best practices.
Students with documented disabilities who need accommodations are encouraged to contact Disability Services as soon as possible.
For more information about ADD/ADHD academic coaching and the resources provided, please contact Disability Services at email@example.com or 314-977-3484.
How Do I Register for a Housing Accommodation for a Diagnosed Disability?
Please refer to the top of this page to schedule an appointment and identify what medical documentation is required to register for accommodations.
Our office also requires the completion of a Housing Accommodations Application.
It is highly recommended that you make your request before or during SLU 101. Housing requests cannot be made during the move-in process. To process a request for the Fall 2020 semester, a housing request must be made 80 days in advance of your move-in date.
Saint Louis University cannot guarantee that it will be able to meet the individual’s accommodation needs during the first semester or term of occupancy if an application is made less than 80 days prior to moving into housing.