The goal of the English Writing Center is to further the work of the University’s core academic writing program in providing students with tools to meet challenges in writing assignments throughout their university careers.
During the Covid-19 confinement period, the Saint Louis University Madrid Campus English Writing Center continues to operate in an online format.
Please click here to make an appointment to have your paper reviewed.
Online Resources for Writing and Research
There are websites to help create bibliographical entries, such as Citation Machine; note that you will need to check the entries to make sure that they include all of the needed information in the correct format.
- Harvard University Writing Center
- William Strunk Jr. The Elements of Style (1918)
- Writing Essays in Art History
- Business Writing: An Introduction (Colorado State University)
- A Brief Guide to Writing a History Paper
- Writing Historical Essays: A Guide for Undergraduates
- A Brief Guide to Writing an English Paper
- Norton Online Guide to Writing about Literature
- Writing in Literature
- A Brief Guide to Writing a Philosophy Paper
- Writing for Psychology: A Guide for Psychology Concentrators
- Writing the Literature Review (The University of Vermont)
- Writing in Science and Engineering (Penn State)
- Guidelines for Writing a Lab Report (MIT)