Saint Louis University’s English Writing Center is located on the third floor of San Ignacio Hall, in the glass office opposite Office 306. The goal of the writing center is to continue the work of the core writing program in providing students with tools to meet challenges in writing assignments throughout their university careers.
Bring with you to the center any assignment specifications from your professor and a rubric, if there is one. You must also bring a hard copy of your work (or a soft copy on your laptop) and be prepared to work together with the consultant on making your writing more effective for your audience and purpose.
Sessions are limited to 20 minutes per visit; if you need more time, you are welcome to return to work on the same assignment when no other students are waiting.
Summer I 2019 Schedule
- Monday through Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Outside those times, check Room 319, or write email@example.com for an appointment.
Online Resources for Writing and Research
There are websites to help create bibliographical entries, such as Citation Machine; note that you will need to check the entries to make sure that they include all of the needed information in the correct format.
- Harvard University Writing Center
- William Strunk Jr. The Elements of Style (1918)
- Writing Essays in Art History
- Business Writing: An Introduction (Colorado State University)
- A Brief Guide to Writing a History Paper
- Writing Historical Essays: A Guide for Undergraduates
- A Brief Guide to Writing an English Paper
- Norton Online Guide to Writing about Literature
- Writing in Literature
- A Brief Guide to Writing a Philosophy Paper
- Writing for Psychology: A Guide for Psychology Concentrators
- Writing the Literature Review (The University of Vermont)
- Writing in Engineering (Penn State)
- Guidelines for Writing a Lab Report (MIT)