Congratulations on nearing the end of your undergraduate career! As you prepare for your last semesters at Saint Louis University, and for graduation, please complete the following steps to make sure that you have everything in place to receive your degree on time.
One year before you plan to graduate, double check that you have completed all graduation requirements:
- Make sure that you have declared your major and minor and that they appear correctly on your transcript in banner.
- Fill out checklists for your major and minor (you can find them online here).
- Make sure that you have completed all core requirements.
- Make sure that you have completed 120 credits. Remember! It is possible to fulfill all major, minor and core requirements and still not have 120 credits. Make sure that you do not need additional electives before being eligible for graduation.
- Check your Grade Point Average. Your GPA must be above 2.0 in the major and the minor to be eligible for graduation.
- Meet with your academic advisor to review everything and make sure you are not missing anything important.
- Fill out the Application for Graduation. This refers to your last term of study, when your degree will be awarded, and it is different from the Graduation Ceremony (Commencement) date.
- A graduation fee will be charged to all students on the semester that they apply and are approved for graduation. The amount of the fee can be found on the tuition and fees page.
Remember - you are responsible for making sure that you understand all requirements and that all forms have been filled out and credits completed.
Information about your Commencement Ceremony >>