Phone: +34 91 554 58 58 - Ext.: 220
Bianca hails from Manila, Philippines. She received a Liberal Arts education from Ateneo de Manila, the oldest Jesuit university in the country. In 2004, she relocated to Spain to pursue graduate studies and ended up making Madrid her home. Bianca has been a member of the SLU Madrid Admissions Team since 2010. She oversees recruitment in Asia-Pacific and Southern Europe.
M.Sc. Strategic Human Resources Management, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
B.A. Psychology, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, Philippines
Q & A with Bianca
- What advice would you offer students during their college search and application processes?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask your college counselor, career advisor, university admissions counselor, parents, friends, etc. If you don't ask questions, you'll never get answers.
- What do you enjoy most about your work as an admissions counselor at Saint Louis University?
Helping young people shape their dreams. Choosing a college is one of the biggest decisions in a person's life and being there at this very exciting juncture is a special feeling.
- How did you end up living and working in Madrid?
I came to Madrid to study a master's degree at a Spanish university. I'd always wanted to experience living in Europe and I decided on Spain because of my family and Spanish ties. That first year was so much fun that I extended my stay for another year and then another and I'm still here, still enjoying Europe.
- Where is your favorite spot on or near SLU-Madrid's Campus?
The rooftop of San Ignacio Hall. On a clear and sunny day, the view of the sierra is amazing!
- What is one thing that you always recommend to students and families that they do (entertainment, restaurant, etc.) when they come to visit Madrid?
To go to Mercado San Miguel for a tapas tasting and San Gines for chocolate con churros.