Phone: +34 91 554 58 58 - Ext.: 270
Keira is from Spain and has been a member of the SLU-Madrid staff since 2001. She is the key point of contact for students, high schools and universities from Middle East and North Africa. She speaks French, Arabic, Spanish, English and even a little Polish!
Escuela Superior de traducción e interpretación, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Q & A with Keira
- What advice would you offer students during their college search and application processes?
The best advice I can give you is to do your research and ask a lot of questions. No question is too simple, and information will surely help you make your decision. Also, talk to other people who are the same age and also deciding on where to continue their studies. These conversations will help you have a clearer idea of what you want to do and where you see yourself in the future.
- What do you enjoy most about your work as an admissions counselor at Saint Louis University?
It is an absolute pleasure to resolve problems and aid students' smooth transition into our university system. I am especially appreciative and grateful for the trust that the students and their families put in me.
- How did you end up living and working in Madrid?
After living in several countries around the world, I ultimately returned and settled in Madrid due to family and work matters.
- Where is your favorite spot on or near SLU-Madrid's Campus?
San Ignacio Hall, the newest building on campus. It has a beautiful rooftop terrace with incredible views of the mountains. One of the best places to have a coffee!
- What is one thing that you always recommend to students and families that they do (entertainment, restaurant, etc.) when they come to visit Madrid?
I highly recommend the Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace (Palacio Real) and the Retiro park as these are a few of my favorites! Also, I would recommend a visit to the Corte Ingles and the Serrano avenue for those looking for a great shopping experience!