Phone: +34 91 554 58 58 - Ext.: 210
Mónica joined SLU-Madrid Campus in 2010 to occupy the position of Admissions Counselor. She is the Alumni Association Coordinator, and works with students from international high schools in Spain.
B.S. Business Administration/Marketing, Saint Louis University, Madrid and St. Louis, MO
Master in Communication and Protocol, GADE Business School, Madrid, Spain
Q & A with Mónica
- What advice would you offer students during their college search and application processes?
Search, search and search. With internet nowadays, it is easy to find information on options for higher education. Read, narrow it down and then search for more information about the institutions you are most interested in. Contact the institution, talk with admissions, ask for advice from high school counselors, parents, siblings experience with college, etc. and then choose what fits you best.
- What do you enjoy most about your work as an admissions counselor at Saint Louis University?
Besides being my Alma Mater, I love working with young people at the age of transition from teenager to young adult. I believe it is a bidirectional learning experience... it keeps me young at heart!
- How did you end up living and working in Madrid?
More than how, it is because the city fits my personality!
- Where is your favorite spot on or near SLU-Madrid's Campus?
Without a doubt, San Ignacio's Hall rooftop. The sunsets in summer or fall are spectacular. And sometimes you can find a music student practicing an instrument.
- What is one thing that you always recommend to students and families that they do (entertainment, restaurant, etc.) when they come to visit Madrid?
Only one?.....impossible. Don't miss the art triangle (Prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen Bornemisza museums), followed by a tapas crawl in the "Barrio de las Letras" starting in la Plaza de Santa Ana.