- Activities & Events
Student Life offers through Campus Ministry opportunities for cultivating:
- an informed faith
- a commitment to social justice
- an integrated way of life
Guided by the Catholic Church and the Society of Jesus, SLU-Madrid welcomes and serves students of all religious backgrounds and traditions.
If you want to volunteer to help in any of these activities or are interested in learning more about any of them at SLU please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you very soon! You may also contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. On-Campus Activities
Mission Week - A week in early October in which SLU-Madrid reflects on the SLU-Madrid Mission and how students, faculty and staff work to be "men and women for others".
Jesuit Heritage Week - A week in mid-March in which we look at the Jesuit Heritage in SLU-Madrid and the world.
Christian Life Community - Reflection Groups are close-knit groups that seek to create close and supportive relationships between their members to talk about being a person of faith in today’s world. Meetings are held once a week. Through prayer and faith-sharing, they discern the desires of their hearts and develop a fitting response to God's call to live as Christ lived.
If you ever need to talk, “spiritual counseling,” receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation please feel free to come to Rev. James O'Leary's or contact him at: email@example.com. The Campus Chaplain's Office is in Padre Rubio Hall on the top floor, the room outside in the terrace.
If you would like to participate in any of these activities: fill out this form, come to Rev. James O'Leary or to the Student Life offices or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at: email@example.com.
2. On-Campus Religious Services
- Wednesdays, 2 pm in Saint timothy's chapel Padre Rubio Hall first floor
- Sundays, 6:00 pm Catholic Mass, Interfaith Chapel in San Ignacio Hall, Calle Amapolas 3.
There are no religious services on-campus during the summer.
3. Off-Campus Activities
- Religious Services (all faiths) in Madrid.
- The Loyola Ignatian Pilgrimage Retreat, sponsored by SLU-Madrid Campus, provides an opportunity to deepen your understanding of the founder of the Society of Jesus: Ignatius of Loyola and his Spiritual Exercises. You will be hosted right beside Ignatius' family house where he was born and he converted to Christ.
4. Serve Seeking Justice
In close collaboration with the Ignatian Community Council Campus Ministry organizes round tables, visits and events related to Social Justice, Service, Interfaith, etc. in the Spring semesters' Atlas Week and in the Fall semester throughout the semester.