- Activities & Events
Events on Campus
Events on campus range widely: from the annual International Graduate and Professional School Fair to monthly Cultural Coffee Breaks, where students (and faculty and staff) share their perspectives on their own countries, along with some food and drink, with others. The SGA organizes a "World Cup" Soccer tournament each term; faculty invite hundreds of guest speakers to present on cutting-edge research to our students. We also open doors to the Madrid Community to celebrate Semana de la Ciencia (Science Week) and to showcase our student performances.
- Annual Alumni Roundtable: Successful SLU-Madrid graduates share career, life and job search expertise with current students.
- Atlas Week: SLU-Madrid celebrates with the University its international identity and commitment to changing the world as a whole each April.
- Billiken Nights: Student-led activities that start at the front gate of Padre Rubio Hall, but take students to Madrid's coolest venues.
- Cultural Coffee Breaks: Informal gatherings where students, faculty and staff learn about each other's culture.
- Commencement: SLU-Madrid celebrates and recognizes its students' achievements three times a year.
- Distinguished Alumni Awards: Each year, the SLU-Madrid Alumni Association honors distinguished alumni who have excelled in their professions and contributed to the community at large.
- Graduate School Fair: Representatives from numerous American and European graduate schools meet with interested students to discuss admissions requirements, financing and how to prepare academically for master's programs.
- Guest Speakers: Faculty invite leading scholars and researchers from around the world to speak to our students.
- Nursing White-Coat Ceremony: A ceremony that recognizes that our nursing students are prepared to start serving patients.
- Open Campus: SLU-Madrid invites perspective students to classes and informational sessions on our liberal arts, Jesuit educational system.
- Performing Arts: Recitals, concerts, dance performances and theater productions are staged by our students. Find out more at our Fine and Performing Arts webpage.
- Scholarly Conferences and Seminars: SLU-Madrid sponsors faculty-organized academic meetings that bring scholars and researchers together on campus.
- Semana de la Ciencia (Science Week): SLU-Madrid faculty and students open their classrooms and labs to the Madrid Community.
- Weekly Mass: Each Sunday at 6:00 pm. Campus Ministry also connects students to religious services for students of all faith off-campus.
- Welcome Sessions and Convocation: At the start each term, SLU-Madrid hosts special activities and informational sharing sessions to help all new students transition to life at the University and in Madrid.
- World Cup Soccer Tournament: SGA's sponsors this semesterly soccer match, where students team up to represent their own countries.
Find out what's happening (and when!) by reading the Madrid Billiken News.