- Activities & Events
Events on Campus
Events on campus range widely: from the annual International Graduate and Professional School Fair to monthly Cultural Coffee Breaks, where students (and faculty and staff) share their perspectives on their own countries, along with some food and drink, with others. The SGA organizes a "World Cup" Soccer tournament each term; faculty invite hundreds of guest speakers to present on cutting-edge research to our students. We also open doors to the Madrid Community to celebrate Semana de la Ciencia (Science Week) and to showcase our student performances.
- Activities Fair: One day on the first week of the Fall & Spring semesters you can sign for all the clubs and organizations on campus, as well as sign up for sports, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Annual Alumni Roundtable: Successful SLU-Madrid graduates share career, life and job search expertise with current students.
- Annual Awards Ceremony: Students, faculty and staff are awarded for their different achievements the evening before Spring Commencement.
- Annual Baccalaureate Mass: annual celebration before the Annual Awards Ceremony and that honors SLU-Madrid's graduating senior class.
- Atlas Week: SLU-Madrid celebrates with the University its international identity and commitment to changing the world as a whole each April.
- Billiken Nights: Student-led activities that start at the front gate of Padre Rubio Hall, but take students to Madrid's coolest venues.
- Christmas Carol singing: A traditional get together of students, faculty and staff to sing Christmas carols along with the SLU-Madrid choir one evening prior to final exams during the Advent season
- Cultural Coffee Breaks: Informal gatherings where students, faculty and staff learn about each other's culture.
- Commencement: SLU-Madrid celebrates and recognizes its students' achievements three times a year.
- Distinguished Alumni Awards: Each year, the SLU-Madrid Alumni Association honors distinguished alumni who have excelled in their professions and contributed to the community at large.
- Graduate School Fair: Representatives from numerous American and European graduate schools meet with interested students to discuss admissions requirements, financing and how to prepare academically for master's programs.
- Guest Speakers: Faculty invite leading scholars and researchers from around the world to speak to our students.
- Jesuit Heritage Week: Activities and events to remember the 500 years old heritage that the Jesuits (Company of Jesus) has and its links to SLU-Madrid as a Jesuit University.
- Mass of the Holy Spirit: a Catholic Mass following the tradition among Jesuit academic institutions dating to 1548 in which the community gathers to thank God for the gifts of creation and salvation and to seek the guidance and wisdom of the Holy Spirit in the coming academic year.
- Nursing White-Coat Ceremony: A ceremony that recognizes that our nursing students are prepared to start serving patients.
- Open Campus/Puertas abiertas: SLU-Madrid invites perspective students to classes and informational sessions on our liberal arts, Jesuit educational system.
- Performing Arts: Recitals, concerts, dance performances and theater productions are staged by our students. Find out more at our Fine and Performing Arts webpage.
- Scholarly Conferences and Seminars: SLU-Madrid sponsors faculty-organized academic meetings that bring scholars and researchers together on campus.
- Semana de la Ciencia (Science Week): SLU-Madrid faculty and students open their classrooms and labs to the Madrid Community.
- Thanksgiving Lunch: On Thanksgiving Day the menu at SLU-Madrid's cafeteria consists of a Thanksgiving meal for the SLU-Community to live this special day together (while going to classes!)
- Thanksgiving Mass: Mass celebrated on Thanksgiving Day to give thanks for all the good things in our lives.
- Weekly Mass: Each Sunday at 6:00 pm. Campus Ministry also connects students to religious services for students of all faith off-campus.
- Welcome Sessions and Convocation: At the start each term, SLU-Madrid hosts special activities and informational sharing sessions to help all new students transition to life at the University and in Madrid.
- World Cup Soccer Tournament: SGA's sponsors this semesterly soccer match, where students team up to represent their own countries.
Find out what's happening (and when!) by reading the Madrid Campus News.