- Aeronautics - Aviation Management Concentration
- Aeronautics - Flight Science - Global Aviation option - Professional Pilot
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science Major
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Minor
- Science and Engineering Preparation Year
- Mechanical Engineering
2 years in Madrid + 2 years in St. Louis, MO, USA
As a SLU student, you will pursue a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering both in Madrid and in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Parks College.
In addition to a solid foundation in the basic sciences and mathematics, you will be introduced to a broad spectrum of courses covering all major areas of this discipline. The curriculum includes courses in digital systems, microprocessors, electronics, communication systems, control systems, power systems and circuits. These are followed by in-depth courses in specialized areas such advanced digital design, digital signal processing, integrated circuit design and computer networks. Our courses provide practical and theoretical knowledge that is directly applicable to industry.
What is Electrical Engineering?
The field of electrical engineering includes all aspects of the research, design, manufacturing, and marketing of electronic products. Recent research has led to advances in high-density storage capability, improved cell phone technology, affordable flat panel LCD displays, high-speed computers, and much more. These innovations are transforming our lives in many ways and they would not have been possible without electrical and computer engineers. As a graduate of our electrical engineering program, you can be a part of this revolution!
Electrical Engineering Program Objectives
- Prepare students to pursue scientific and technical careers as electrical engineers in industry or government.
- Prepare students to pursue continuing education through graduate studies in related engineering fields, as well as law, business or management.
- Empower students to fill the needs of society in solving technical problems using electrical and computer engineering principles, tools and practices.
- Educate students to make ethical decisions for a sustainable and responsible society.
Unique Features of the Program
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC of ABET).
- Career mentoring to provide direction to students on suitable career paths.
- State-of-the-art facilities, including computer classrooms.
- Our students develop strong written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
Visit the Electrical Engineering Department at St. Louis Campus.