Nursing with International Preparation
|Nursing with International Preparation at the Madrid Campus of Saint Louis University has obtained the 2013 Heiskell Award Special Recognition for Internationalizing and Globalizing the Professions. The award was created by the Institute of International Education (IIE) to promote and honor the most outstanding initiatives conducted in international higher education by US universities and colleges.|
Why Become a Nurse?
- Registered nurses make up the largest health care occupation in the world, with 2.6 million jobs in the United States alone.
- Nurses play an active role in directing and establishing medical care plans for their patients.
- Nurses teach patients and their families how to manage illness or injury.
- Nursing is a diverse field with job opportunities both in and outside of hospitals. Nurses have the opportunity to work with individuals from all walks of life.
- Nursing is a highly regarded profession due to the commitment, honesty, and ethical standards involved.
- Baccalaureate prepared registered nurses have great advancement opportunities for management-level positions as well as advanced practice degrees.
Unique Features of the Program
- Ph.D.-prepared faculty teaching in the classroom; students study with experts in their field.
- Clinical experiences in a unique environment that allows students to develop their cultural competence and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Individualized attention for all students to assist in meeting their unique educational needs.
Study Abroad Nursing
The Madrid Campus of Saint Louis University offers you a great opportunity to study abroad while still fulfilling your university's requirements. In addition to nursing courses, students may choose from a wide variety of classes in the arts and sciences, humanities, and languages to round out your schedule.
Two Campuses, Three Partners
Saint Louis University School of Nursing in St. Louis, Missouri, was founded in 1928 and is considered among the foremost in the country thanks to its innovative programs and academic caliber. In addition to undergraduate Bachelor of Science registered nursing degrees, SLU – Missouri School of Nursing also has graduate-level education opportunities in nursing offering both master’s and doctoral (DNP and Ph.D.) programs. The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing/ and Doctor of Nursing Practice of the School of Nursing is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. SLU-Madrid, with nearly 50 years of experience, is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Autonomous Government of Madrid.
The Baccalaureate nursing program is imparted on both of the Saint Louis University campuses and is partnered in Spain with a local health care provider, Sanitas. One of Spain's leading private health care companies, Sanitas is also a member of British United Provident Association Group, the number one private health care company in the United Kingdom. During the two years of study on the SLU-Madrid campus, you will conduct your clinical experiences at Sanitas facilities in Madrid. Later, during the last two years of study on the SLU-Missouri campus, you will conduct your clinical experiences at Saint Louis University Hospital, which is regarded as one of the foremost medical establishments in the United States.