November 23, 2020
SLU-Madrid reminds its community that international travelers from high-risk countries, which includes the U.S., will be required to present a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to entering Spain. Please review the Spain Travel Health website carefully prior to travel.
The Madrid Province has announced another perimetral confinement for the region for the upcoming holiday weekend, from midnight on Thursday, December 3 through midnight on Sunday, December 13. Entry and exit to and from the Madrid region are only authorized for essential reasons, such as commuting to work or seeking medical attention.
Additional public health measures continue to be in place, including:
- A curfew between midnight and 6:00 a.m.
- No gatherings of more than six people indoors and outdoors.
- No entry into restaurants or bars after 11:00 p.m.; closure at midnight.
- Student residences and dorms must close their main entrance doors at midnight.
- Restricted mobility for residents of specific districts and nearby towns.
Students are reminded to carry with them their SLU-Madrid ID, a legal ID (photocopy of passport, NIE or DNI), and a printed copy of their class schedule. If they are residents of one of the restricted districts or need to enter a restricted district for an essential reason (such as visiting a doctor), they should carry with them a printed copy of proof of why they need to leave or enter the restricted area. Sample certifications are available on the Comunidad de Madrid's website. If students need assistance or have questions, contact the Office of Student Life: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to follow SLU-Madrid's campus guidelines:
- Wear your mask.
- Maintain at least 1.5 meters of distance between yourself and others.
- Practice hand hygiene.
- Monitor your health.
- Call Student Life or seek help if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Student Life: (+34) 638 763 758
Human Resources: (+34) 915 54 58 58
Madrid COVID-19 Information Number: (+34) 900 102 112