The Process of Volunteering in a Study***
- Pre-Screening Phase:
- Contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (314-977-6333 or 1-866-410-6333).
- We will ask for your age to be sure you are in the correct age group for the study.
- We will ask for your name, address, and contact information.
- We will send you a consent form by mail, e-mail, or fax. The consent form provides you with detailed information about the purpose, benefits, risks, study visits, and compensation.
- After reading the consent form, we ask that you call us back to clarify any questions, let us know if you are interested or not, and to schedule a screening visit. We will answer your questions, review the eligibility criteria with you, and schedule your screening appointment.
- Screening Phase:
- At the beginning of your first visit, we will review the consent form with you in detail and answer your questions.
- Every effort will be made to help you understand all the details of the study. If there is anything you do not understand about the study, please ask.
- Enrollment Phase:
- If you qualify for the study after screening, you will be given study vaccine according to the study requirements.
- Depending upon the study, the vaccine may be given on the first visit or at a later visit.
- Follow-up Phase:
- You will be followed after joining the study. We will give you instructions on how to record your reactions to the vaccine.
- We usually measure your body’s protective response from the vaccine by drawing blood samples.
- Follow-up will include follow-up visits and/or phone calls to the Vaccine Center.