The Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at Saint Louis University strives to train internists of the highest caliber in a collegial and collaborative environment.
We accept applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only.
Attributes on which focus include:
- Unique experiences and activities that make the candidate well-rounded.
- Contributions to the service of others.
- Competence during medical school, as in completing the USMLE steps without failures and school grades particularly during the clerkship years.
- Academic output.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Experience and familiarity with the U.S. health care system.
We do have minimum standards for clerkship grades and USMLE scores but are willing to look at unique circumstances that may make a candidate an outstanding resident despite of aberrant poor performance during medical school.
Internal medical graduates must have a minimum of six months of U.S. clinical hands on experience (observerships do not count). Graduation from medical school should not be more than five years from the date of the ERAS application.
ECFMG certification must be completed by Match.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. We also are very supportive of new additions to the family.
Yes, we offer J-1 visas and will consider an H-1 visa in uniquely qualified individuals
Yes, but bear in mind that the scores from both exams are hard to compare. All things being equal, a candidate with COMLEX and USMLE scores will have more consideration than COMLEX scores alone