Saint Louis University Residents’ Association identifies ideas and concerns as they are related to the welfare of Saint Louis University house staff.
We facilitate changes based upon the significant concerns of our residents and fellows. SLURA is committed to enhancing the educational environment for graduate medical education at Saint Louis University, as well as improving work conditions through a team-based, problem-solving approach. SLURA representatives are a liaison to SLU’s Graduate Medical Education Committee.
SLURA sponsors social events and guest lectures on topics of interest ranging from "How to Find a Job" to "Basics of Investing."
Membership and Fees
As a house staff officer at Saint Louis University, you are automatically a member of the residents’ association. No fees are required; support is provided by the Office of Graduate Medical Education.
2020-21 SLURA Members
- President: Khadeeja Ashai, D.O.
- Vice President: Jorge Urquiaga, M.D.
- Treasurer: Tikku George, M.D.
- Secretary: Kathleen Pham, M.D.
2019-20 SLURA Members
- President: Ryan Cleary, M.D.
- Vice president: Khadeeja Ashai, D.O.
- Treasurer: Douglas Snyder, M.D.
- Secretary: Haley Bray, M.D.
- President: Ahmad Al-Taee, M.D.
- Vice president: Ryan Cleary, M.D.
- Treasurer: Cristian Popu, M.D.
- Secretary: Steven Abboud, M.D.
- President: Muhammad Hammami, M.D.
- Vice president: Ahmad Al-Taee, M.D.
- Treasurer: Nicholas Rottler, M.D.
- Secretary: Aaron Miller, M.D.
- Event coordinator: Steven Abboud, M.D.
- President: Roshan Morbia, M.D.
- Vice president: Muhammad Hammami, M.D.
- Treasurer: Priyanka Sarihan, M.D.
- Secretary: Momina Turkey, M.D.
- Event coordinator: Syed Zaidi, M.D.
SLURA will sponsor weekly soccer games every Saturday running from March 17 until Aug. 25. The games will be held on the SLU Laclede and Vandeventer field from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
If you are interested in joining the housestaff soccer list, please email Ahmad Al-Taee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Weekly emails will be sent out to gauge interest for that particular week. Please note that games will not be held if participation is low.
2018 SLU Bicentennial 5K
Thank you to all housestaff that participated in the SLU Bicentennial 5K on April 15. Congratulations to Dusty Kime, M.D., Brigham Voigt, M.D., and Martin Schoen, M.D., as they were the top three winners out of 369 participants.
- Dusty Kime, M.D., internal medicine (first place overall)
- Brig Voigt, M.D., anesthesiology (second place overall)
- Martin Schoen, M.D., internal medicine (third place overall)
- Ahmad Al-Taee, M.D., internal medicine
- Andrea Ramirez, M.D., internal medicine
- Lucas Bohao Gu, D.O., internal medicine
- Peter Boor, M.D., dermatology
- Cory Duprey, M.D., dermatology
- Anastasia Kurta, D.O., dermatology