The Research Microscopy and Histology Core provides a wide range of microscopy equipment and histological and microscopy services on a fee-for-service basis to researchers at Saint Louis University, as well as to researchers at other universities and businesses around the world.
The core is well equipped for all types of microscopy-related techniques and services.
Our technical staff will assist researchers in planning experiments, working at the microscopes and evaluating results. We carry out microscopy projects for researchers at many different starting points. We are sensitive to the importance of getting results back to the researcher as quickly as possible and we endeavor to maintain the shortest turn-around-times consistent with sample volume and complexity.
- Provide personalized, cost effective and quality sample preparation.
- Provide excellent data collection, image processing and morphometric image analysis services.
- Facilitate professional interpretation in imaging research projects.
Equipment and Services
- Olympus FV1000 laser scanning confocal microscope
- Olympus FV1000 MPE laser scanning and multiphoton confocal microscope
- JEOL 1400 Plus transmission electron microscope
- JEOL 5800 scanning electron microscope
- Olympus IX81 live cell imaging microscope
- Arcturus Pixcell2 laser capture microscope
- Olympus VS120 slide scanning system
- Leica SP8 TCS STED 3X
- Fixation, processing, and sectioning of samples in paraffin, OCT and plastic
- Routine and special histological stains
- Tissue microarrays
- Whole slide scanning
- Research design
Please inquire about other services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our clients come from within SLU as well as from other universities and private companies in the metropolitan St. Louis area and across the United States.
We are located within the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in Schwitalla Hall, Room M102. The entrance to the building is at 3545 Vista Avenue. Please enter at this address and you will be directed to our facility.
Our prices are competitive with other facilities that offer microscopy services. Please contact us at email@example.com or 314-977-7862 for a price quote
Investigators within SLU can bring the sample to our lab or call us to arrange pick up from a lab. Those in the St. Louis metropolitan area can bring the sample to our lab or send it via FedEx or private courier. Out-of-state clients usually send samples via FedEx or UPS.
If you have been trained to use the microscopes, you can do your own scope work. There will be a charge for scope time, but no additional charge for RMHC personnel. Training times are scheduled between 1 to 3 p.m. on Mondays. Please contact us well in advance to schedule an appointment.