How to Apply for Financial Assistance
Below you will find important steps to apply for financial aid:
1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the main application to apply for federal or institutional funds each year. The FAFSA can be completed on the web at www.fafsa.gov after October 1 of the upcoming academic year. Saint Louis University's federal school code is 002506. Prior to completing your FAFSA, you should set upthe U.S. Department of Education FSA ID.
2. All students applying for University's need based Scholarships may be requested to complete Validation for Scholarship Consideration. Students will need to submit the Validation for Scholarship Consideration form and copies of the Federal Tax Return Transcripts if the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the student (and spouse, if married) was un available. The same documents may be requested of the parents if parental information is on the FAFSA.
3. Upon receipt of your FAFSA and, we will determine your eligibility for financial assistance. Students will be notified by email when their Award Notification is available so that they may accept or decline the award offers through the mySLU portal, Saint Louis University's portal for financial aid, billing and registration information.
4. If you accept any amount of Federal Direct Unsubsidized or Graduate Plus loans complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for each loan program you accept. In addition to the MPN you will also need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling for Graduate/Professional students. To complete the MPNs and Entrance Loan Counseling for both the Federal Direct Unsubsidized and Grad Plus Loans visit StudentLoans.gov. For additional information about the Federal Direct loans click here.
5. We encourage you to check the mySLU portal for the most up to date information regarding your financial aid information.
The staff in the Office of Student Financial Services is available to assist you in any aspect of applying for financial assistance or student billing. Please let us know how we may be of service to you.