Emergency Medicine Division Research Committee & Board
Mission and Purpose
Our mission is to develop and foster the specialty of emergency medicine as a respected academic body of knowledge both at Saint Louis University and nation-wide.
We strive to promote and improve the unique focus of patient care known as emergency medicine.
Ultimately, through research, emergency medical patients will receive the most effective and evidenced based care.
Specifically, the research committee oversees all research that is done through the emergency division, with the purpose of:
- Protecting the rights and welfare of human research subjects recruited to participate in research activities.
- Reviewing all biomedical research involving human subjects for compliance with federally mandated research guidelines.
- Preventing redundancy of research and assure the utmost quality of research.
- Assisting and encouraging fellow faculty and residents to participate in research.
- Recognizing and rewarding the creative efforts of faculty and residents and preventing conflicts of interest.
If you have an interest in doing research through the Saint Louis University emergency medicine division or want to recruit research participants through the Saint Louis University emergency department, please contact Jennifer Fitzgerald.