The Operational Excellence Program is a multi-year effort. During the four-month diagnostic phase, significant input from the SLU community will be sought. Once the diagnostic is completed and focus areas have been identified, stakeholders will be engaged to design specific changes.
Once the diagnostic is completed and focus areas have been identified, stakeholders will be engaged to design specific changes. Throughout the process, SLU will look for opportunities to design and implement change as quickly as possible to realize the benefits of operational improvements.
Diagnostic: 4 months
- Collect and analyze data.
- Interview campus leaders for input about focus areas for improvement
- Communicate broadly about the program
- Identify and prioritize focus areas (initiatives)
Solution Design: 3-6 months (Per focus area)
- Form working teams responsible for initiative design
- Design potential solutions for each initiative, relying on community input
- Develop detailed implementation plans for chosen solution
Begins fall 2016
Implementation: TBD (Focus-area specific)
- Execute on initiatives in waves
- Ensure robust communication throughout implementation
- Embed change and ongoing Operational Excellence capabilities
Ongoing over the next 2-3 years