Appointed by the president to oversee the program, a steering committee of faculty, staff and students was convened to review data, to guide analyses of the data during the diagnostic phase, and to provide input and expertise in evaluating potential focus areas and implications. During the 2017-18 academic year, the steering committee’s advisory role continues.
Members of the program coordination team attend meetings of the steering committee. Additionally, the project managers and co-sponsors of the various initiatives come to meetings when their topics are the focus.
Steering Committee Co-Chairs
- Nancy Brickhouse, Ph.D. (Provost)
- David Heimburger (Vice President and Chief Financial Officer)
Steering Committee Members
- Steve Buckner, Ph.D. (Professor of Chemistry)
- Kevin Carr (Director of IT Customer Service)
- Daniel Carter (President of the Student Government Association)
- Ruth Evans, Ph.D. (Professor of English)
- Mona Hicks, Ph.D. (Dean of Students)
- Mark Higgins, Ph.D. (Dean of the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business)
- Jay Haugen (University Registrar)
- Ana Kent (Vice President-North Campus of the Graduate Student Association)
- Deborah Loman, Ph.D., APRN, CPNP (Associate Professor of Nursing)
- Mickey Luna, J.D. (Vice President for Human Resources)
- Robert Murphy S.J., DPT (Campus Minister)
- Doug Rush, J.D., Ph.D. (President of the Faculty Senate)
- Lauren Schwarz, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry)
- Jonathan Smith, Ph.D. (Vice President for Diversity and Community Engagement)
- April Trees, Ph.D. (Chair of the Department of Communication )
- Gary Whitworth (Associate Dean for Finance of the School of Medicine)
- Mardell Wilson, Ed.D. (Dean of the Doisy College of Health Sciences)
- Cyn Wise (Staff Advisory Committee Executive Board Representative)
- Danielle Uy (Senior Associate General Counsel)
Program Coordination Team
- Eric Armbrecht, Ph.D.
- Libby Gallogly
- Doug Williams, J.D.
- Communications: Clayton Berry (Assistant Vice President for Communications)
- Finance: Brianne Burcke (Director of Financial Planning and Budget)
- Growth: Justin Daffron, S.J. (Assistant to the President)
Past members of the steering committee include Ronald Clark, David Grabe, Bill Kauffman, Kevin Lynch, Norma Metheny, Ph.D., and Jason Turner, Ph.D. Advisers during the diagnostic phase included Ellen Borowiak and Stacy Barfield Harrington.