Skip to main content
MenuSearch & Directory

Parents and Families

Welcome to the SLU Family

Whether you live across town or across the globe, we know a part of you is at Saint Louis University as long as you have a student here. Parents and families are a valued part of our SLU community, every member of which is devoted to the academic and personal success of students.

The Billiken Parent and Family Association — of which you are automatically a member — will keep you up to date about events and issues that may impact your student's experience. Together, well support them from the first day to graduation day.

Let's Get Started

Frequently Accessed Links

The First-Year Experience

It all starts with SLU 101; both you and your student will attend sessions to help prepare you for the year to come.

Next, we’ll see you at Fall Welcome. The first few days not only assist our first-year students in their transition to Saint Louis University, but offer resources and programs for you too, including the Family Hospitality Room and Family Jazz Reception. There are lots of opportunities to stay involved from that point on, including  Billiken Parent and Family Association events throughout the year. 

Learn More About SLU's First-Year Experience

Requesting Academic Records

Your student has complete control of his or her academic record. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, is a federal law controlling the confidentiality of, and access to, student education records. Once a student reaches 18 years of age or attends a post-secondary institution, he or she becomes an "eligible student," and all rights formerly given to parents under FERPA transfer to the student.

If you’d like to access your student’s record, you can request that he or she create a mySLU Share account that allows a third-party — including a parent or family member — to access certain records. For example, a student may choose to release financial aid or grades. This is entirely your student’s choice, and all issues of access need to be discussed with your student.

Visit the Registrar's Office