June 10 - 14, 2019
During the Robotics Summer Academy, high school students work in teams to build their own robots and custom hardware, and study mechanical, electrical and computer engineering in order to design and fabricate robot parts.
Academy participants take part in friendly competitions with the robots and are allowed to take them home at the end of the week.
This is a day camp only; overnight housing is not provided for the Robotics Summer Academy.
The Robotics Summer Academy is sponsored by The Boeing Company.
For more information found below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-977-8443.
High school students entering grades nine through 12 in the fall of 2019 are eligible. Space is limited to 20 students.
- December 1: Registration opens and is accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
- March 31: Scholarship applications due
- Week of April 15: Notification for scholarship recipients
- May 15: Final non-refundable tuition payment due
- June 10: Check-in begins at 8 a.m.
- June 14: The academy ends. Parents are invited to a short celebration at the end of the day, after which students can take their robots home and check out of the academy.
- 8:30 a.m. to noon: Formal programming
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Lunch
- 1 to 4:30 p.m.: Formal programming
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.: Open design time and check out
$650. Payment is not due until May 15.
Full and partial scholarships are available. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship need to submit the scholarship application by March 31. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of April 15.
Tuition covers daily lunch during the academy, activities and materials, including the robot each student builds (valued at approximately $250).
Full and partial scholarships to be used toward the Summer Academy tuition are available based on financial need and merit. Submit the scholarship application by March 31 in addition to registration form in order to be considered.
Scholarship applicants must complete all camp registration requirements plus the online scholarship application. The application will ask you to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to attend the Robotics Summer Academy?
- Why are you applying for a scholarship for the Summer Academy?
- Why are you a viable or deserving scholarship candidate? (Consider scholastic or academic achievements, extracurricular activities, demonstrated interests, etc.)
Scholarship recipients will be notified by the week of April 15.
The deadline to apply for scholarships to this summer academy has now passed.
The deadline to apply for this summer academy has now passed.
Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program reaches capacity. After completing the online form, the program coordinator will reach out to you regarding payment to complete your registration.