Unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Summer Civil Engineering Experience has been canceled. Please check back regularly for summer 2021 opportunities.
Saint Louis University will offer a Summer Civil Engineering Experience for rising high school juniors and seniors from the St. Louis region. Students will work with civil engineering faculty and student mentors to learn about an array of civil engineering sub-disciplines through modules and hands-on activities. Attendees will gain new insights to structural, environmental, water resource engineering and more. They will also acquire skills that will help them succeed in a collegiate engineering program. In addition, students will get to spend time as a SLU student, enjoy the campus and meet other students with an interest in civil engineering.
The Summer Civil Engineering Experience is open to rising high school juniors and seniors from the St. Louis area. Seating is limited to eight students who will be selected based on their applications. Applicants must have completed Algebra I and Geometry by the end of the 2018-2019 academic year and be on a college prep track to qualify for the Summer Civil Engineering Experience.
- March 27: Summer Civil Engineering Experience applications due
- Week of April 13: Notice of acceptance will be sent out.
Camp will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
FREE for all accepted applicants!
Saint Louis University's Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
McDonnell Douglas Hall
3450 Lindell Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63103
Click here to apply for the Summer Structural Engineering Experience.
Consideration for acceptance into the Summer Structural Engineering Experience requires all of the following components:
- Completed online application form, due March 27
- Current official high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation - Letter must be from someone familiar with your academic performance, character, career aspirations, or community service and include how long the writer has known you. May include, but not limited to a guidance counselor, teacher, principal, coach, church leader or employer. The letter may reflect your scholarly activities, conduct, attitude, ability to work as a member of a team, and so on.
The transcript and letter of recommendation can be emailed directly from a teacher, counselor or administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed in a sealed envelope to:
SLU Parks College
Attn: Amy Preis
3450 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103