Online-based camp June 14 - 18, 2021
Aviation is an industry full of many exciting and interesting careers--flying and non-flying! Join us for a week-long exploration of many various career paths available in the industry.
During the week, program participants will get to know current SLU aviation students, meet numerous professionals from industry, participate in virtual field trips and complete learning modules from faculty and certified flight instructors, all from the comfort of home.
This is a virtual camp.
More details found below. If you have any questions, please us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rising 9th-12th grade students, as well as incoming SLU freshmen, are eligible to participate. Space is limited.
All participants will need to have access to a computer with internet and Zoom capabilities during the camp week.
- January 25: Application opens
- March 28: Virtual Aviation Exploration Experience and scholarship applications due
- Week of April 12: Notification for acceptance and scholarship recipients
- May 14: Final non-refundable tuition payment must be postmarked
- June 14 - June 18: Virtual camp week!
Virtual camp will meet 10am - 2pm CDT daily.
- 10:00 a.m.: Welcome and morning activity
- 11:00 a.m.: Virtual field trip to industry
- 11:30 a.m.: Brown bag lunch (optional)
- 12:00 p.m.: Virtual guest speaker
- 12:30 p.m.: Activity led by aviation faculty
- 1:30 p.m.: Small group activity
Payment is not due until acceptance decisions have been made. Full and partial scholarships are available. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship need to submit the scholarship application in addition to the general application by March 28.
Full and partial scholarships for the virtual camp tuition are available based on financial need and merit. Submit the scholarship application by March 28 in order to be considered.
Scholarship applicants must complete all regular application requirements plus the online scholarship application. The application will ask you to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to attend the Virtual Aviation Exploration Experience?
- Why are you applying for a scholarship for the camp?
- Why are you a viable or deserving scholarship candidate? (Consider scholastic or academic achievements, extracurricular activities, demonstrated interests, etc.)
Consideration for acceptance into the Virtual Aviation Exploration Experience requires the following components:
- Completed online application form due March 28.
- Optional: Current official high school transcript
- Optional: Letter of recommendation from a math or science teacher
The transcript and letter of recommendation are optional. Students may wish to submit these items to supplement their application and gain experience in obtaining these documents, but submission will not influence admission decisions.
The optional letters of recommendation and transcripts can be emailed directly from a teacher, counselor or administrator to Amy Preis at email@example.com or mailed in a sealed envelope to:
SLU Parks College
Attn: Aviation Summer Academy
3450 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103