Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology graduate students should read and be familiar with the policies and resources outlined in our graduate handbook.
Visit our Issuu page to view current and past Graduate Education & Research Newsletters for news on our graduate students, alumni, and faculty.
Below you’ll find commonly needed forms for graduate students.
- Annual Student Review (fillable or write-in) The University requires every graduate student conduct an annual review with their advisor to review progress and set goals. Students are welcome to use this suggested form or their department’s version.
- Petition to Amend the Graduate Program This form is to be used to change degree or major field of study.
- Form #20, Petition for Graduate Off-Campus Enrollment Students wo wish to take a course off-campus as part of their degree program, must seek prior approval with this form.
- Petition for Transfer of Graduate Credit This form is to be used to transfer in graduate credit. Hours used to earn a degree elsewhere are not eligible for transfer.
- Petition for Overload For students wishing to take more than the nine credit hours a semester our program allows.
- Petition to Correct Course Credits For courses such as Thesis Research and Dissertation Research, students may select between zero and six hours when registering. Often, the wrong number of hours is selected. This form will help correct the number of hours registered after Banner no longer allows such changes.
- M.S. Program of Study (fillable or write-in) All M.S. students should complete a Program of Study form during their first semester, mapping out their degree plan until graduation. When major changes occur during the program, students should revise their Program of Study. In their final semester, students will complete a final Program of Study.
- Master’s Thesis Proposal M.S. students complete this form when they propose their thesis to their committee. The completed form must also include any written proposal they provided to the committee.
- Petition for Advanced Standing in a Doctoral Program For doctoral students who have a previously earned Master’s degree, some credit may be eligible towards advanced standing.
- Ph.D. Program of Study (fillable or write-in) All Ph.D. students should complete a Program of Study form during their first semester, mapping out their degree plan until graduation. When major changes occur during the program, students should revise their Program of Study. In their final semester, students will complete a final Program of Study.
- Ph.D. Qualifying Exam Forms and Instructions The qualifying exam is designed to determine if a student is prepared to continue Ph.D. studies and carry on with research. Details of the exam are determined and administered by the department and Parks College policy. For engineering students, the qualifying exam is scheduled after two semesters. For aviation students, the qualifying exam is scheduled after all coursework is completed, but before any dissertation research is started. After the exam is administered and the examining committee has made a decision, they will complete the applicable results forms contained herein.
- Doctoral Oral Examination Otherwise known as the proposal defense, this form should be completed at least two weeks in advance of the examination. The completed form should include an attachment with the written proposal.
- Notification of Readiness for the public oral presentation of the Ph.D. dissertation This form must be turned into our office at least 2 weeks in advance of the final dissertation defense.