Jesse J. Helton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor; Social Work
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Principles of Statistics and Data Analysis; Policy and Practice; Research Methods for Social Work Practice I and II; Foundations of Social Policy
- Ph.D., University of Illinois
- M.A., University of New Hampshire
Child abuse and neglect; disability and health; food insecurity.
Publications and Media Placements
- Helton, J. J., Carbone, J., Vaughn, M., & Cross, T. P. (In press). Emergency department admissions of child sexual abuse. JAMA Pediatrics.
- Helton, J. J., Lightfoot, E., Fu, Q. J, & Bruhn, C.M. (2019). Prevalence and severity of child impairment in a national US sample of child maltreatment investigations: A latent profile analysis. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. 40(4), 285-292.
- Helton, J. J., Jackson, D. B., Vaughn, M. G., & Boutwell, B. B. (2019). Household food insecurity and parent-to-child aggression. Child Maltreatment, 24(2), 213-221.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award, Eureka College (2018)
- Innovative Teaching Fellowship, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning (2014)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Prevention Committee
- National Association of Social Workers
- Society for Social Work and Research