Robert M. Lewis, CEcD, FAICP
Assistant Professor, Urban Planning and Development
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Foundations of Planning; Infrastructure & Plan Implementation; Land Use Planning & Analysis; Planning & Development Studio; Planning and Real Estate Development
- M.S., City and Regional Planning, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- B.S., Business Economics, Miami University
Publications and Media Placements
- "Economic and Community Impact of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra." SLSO. February 2020.
- "Economic Impact of Public Transit in Missouri and Metro St. Louis." Citizens for Modern Transit. October 2019.
- “A Comprehensive Plan for the City of St. Louis: 70 Years is Too Long to Wait.” St. Louis Community Builders Exchange. April 2017.
- “The St. Louis Regional Economy: Recession, Recovery, and Reinvention” co-authored with Ruth Sergenian in St. Louis Currents: Fifth Edition (2016) published by Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
- “Emerging Trends Affecting Real Estate that Also Affect Economic Development” for the International Economic Development Council. May 2017.
Honors and Awards
- Elected to the College of Fellows, American Institute of Certified Planners, 2016
- Outstanding Lifetime Achievement In Planning award, APA, St. Louis Section, 2015
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Institute of Certified Planners, member
- American Planning Association, Missouri Chapter
- International Economic Development Council, certified economic developer
- Urban Land Institute, associate member